Renewable energy is a rapidly growing field and we pursue a range of relevant and interesting topics. However, while renewable energy is interesting, it is equally important to ensure that the biomass feed-stocks are delivered at the processing facilities in an organised, planned and consistent manner. Supply chain logistics and system synchronisation and integration is also one of our key research fields. We investigate diagnostics tools and management approaches that will help streamline these complex multi-stakeholder integrated biomass production and processing systems. Current research topics include:
- The development and monitoring of Performance Based Standard (PBS) Smart Vehicles for agricultural produce transportation.
- Integrated sugarcane production and processing systems diagnostics and management.
- Road Traffic Management System accredited vehicles.Ethanol powered diesel engines.
- The transportation of biomass types, such as sugarcane, cane trash and timber.
Optimal sugarcane vehicle loading regimes.
- Tools to design and evaluate shortcut routes to streamline the supply chain.
- Energy and carbon footprint measurements and calculations in energy crops.